This year while many of my friends and family members hosted or attended cookouts, my husband and I celebrated our holiday by preparing a meal together. Battling the mid-week blues this July 4th holiday brought us, we decided to continue an annual summertime tradition of curating a surf and turf feast.
In exploring ways to make our dinner a little less labor intensive (as it has been in the past), I came across a simple recipe for foil packets made with shrimp, potatoes, hot sausage and corn on the cob. I modified the recipe to add a little "Geo flare," adding some spice and minced garlic to give the packets a more savory punch. Fortunately, they were an instant hit with the hubs and will now be a staple in our household.
We paired these with medium-rare New York strip steak, and snow crabs legs to complete our surf and turf dinner. Check out the recipe below.
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets Recipe
- 1 pound Raw Shrimp, Deveined
- 2 Ears of Corn (Cut into 4 pieces each)
- 1 pound Marble Mixed Potatoes
- 1 Package Hot Italian Sausage (Sliced Thinly
- 4 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
For the seasoning (yields 4 tablespoons)
- 4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 4 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees. While the oven heats, cut four sheets a foil (about 1 foot long) and divide shrimp, corn, mixed marble potatoes, and hot Italian sausage evenly among the four packets
- In a small bowl blend together kosher salt, paprika, chili powder, dried parsley and crushed red pepper to make the seasoning.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the seasoning, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to each packet.
- Fold all sides of each packet, and securely seal. Shake packets to ensure even coating of seasoning and olive oil. Place foil packets in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes* (or until potatoes are cooked through).