Every so often I get a nagging craving for something that lingers until satisfied. This unfortunateturned blissful occurrence, presented itself just a few weeks ago. After binging on episodes "Chopped" and seeing a chef do a clever take on "cornbread," my own culinary creative juices start flowing. I decided not only was I going to get what I wanted, but I was going to add in a little "Geo" flavor and flare to modernize the classic cornbread recipe.
With a pinch of luck, (and some sweet potatoes that I needed to use quickly) - I was able to upgrade the classic "Jiffy" cornbread recipe and turn it into a skillet-baked Sweet Potato Cornbread. The end result was absolutely delicious, and I am happy to share the recipe with you!
SWEET POTATO CORNBREAD
- 2 Boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 2/3 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Teaspoon of Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- Preheat over to 400 degrees, and place a cast iron skillet inside to heat while you make the batter.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, whisking until well mixed.
- Carefully remove the cast iron skillet from the oven, and coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Pour in batter and spread evenly in the skillet.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes.